Breakfast of the Gods...

Wish I was still having my morning visit to the Breakfast Table at the Bayerischer Hof.
Its this table after all, which has successfully overthrown the four year old reign of the Homewood Suites Hilton Breakfast as my fav breakfast.

Man...Was I impressed with the layout...!

Even the start with the corn flakes was out of ordinary. The variety was so abundant that I could practically have something new everyday of my two week stay there. Every glistening flake inviting you to taste its lustrous crunch. Add milk and honey and you really are off to a sumptous start.

The German Breakfast has a variety of Mueseli too, unlike the breakfasts in US. I feel Mueseli tastes better with some corn flakes added though.

My favorite part of the breakfast were the mini croissants. I love croissants since my childhood, and their availibility on this breakfast table really sealed the decision for me, proclaiming it as the new champion for me :-) ...

Maracujasaft or Maracuja juice has been a welcome taste for me since I have been in touch with Germany. Here, they had the Multifruchtsaft (along with lots of other juices) which was enlived by the distinctive flavor and aroma of Maracuja juice.

I also used to order an omlette with tomatoes, paprika and herbs. The chef prepared it for me the way I liked it, brownish and crisp. Add some salt and pepper, and you would not mind that you were not having the spicy indian version of this omlette. It was indeed juicy and well prepared.

For those who like deli, there were an array of sliced meats too. However, since I am knowledgeable about them, I would not elaborate much.

Another typical german breakfast item was the range of breads available. I took the opportunity to partake of some hearty multigrain breads, and also had the chance to pick up the german pretzel.

The fruit bowl was available for a healthy start to a day. Each succulent piece of fruit oozed its juices into the bowl, which created a subtle but exotic cocktail. It was quite aromatic to the swirling tongue, which tossed the contents with sweet anticipation into the alimentary orifice.

This cocktail competed with the multifruchtsaft that was standing alongside in the petite and curvy Granini glass. The Granini glass itself is a pleasure to drink out of, or simply hold. And more so if it held something like Maracujasaft, which I relish. Enjoy.

But what win handsdown are my favorite buttery croissants. Each crispy croissant melted into flakes as soon as I tasted it. Long Live the Croissants..!

I am sure I gained a few pounds after partaking of this ambrosia for two weeks straight... No. I do not plan to confirm my weight gain. :-) ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Olivera Crossing

Sonrise in Minnesota...

Bye Bye California...