Sonrise in Minnesota...



The Drive to La Crosse in the morning is a long one. It is also one of the most scenic drives that I have had to undertake till date.

Driving along on the Interstate 90 this time of the year is like driving inside a picture postcard. The landscape is blanketed in snow, and radiates a stark, yet bright and unblemished beauty. Charming villages with happily snow covered roofs roll by.
For a change, I can enjoy this beauty without fear of the moment passing away, as I know I will be back the next morning or the like.

What makes this morning drive exquisite is the direction that I drive on the I-90 early in the morning.

East.

The Sunrise over such a wonderfully picturesque landscape is such a treat. Each morning when I start the drive after 6.30, I see a uniquely magnificent vista. Each day, the fresh cloud formations ensure I see a differently splendorous panorama.

The sky splashes itself with joy at first hint that the sun is beginning its rise in a while.
The glorious hues that the sky radiates, only showcases the overflowing joy that it is not able to contain within itself. So these beaming colours spill over to the stark yet beautiful landscape, which is only too willing to soak them up.

The harbinger of the nascent sun is the crimson that peeps up over a small portion of the sky over the horizon. Moments later, a deep saffron orange hue spreads above the crimson sliver. Over the next few minutes, the saffron strengthens to a bright orange.
Slowly the sun will blaze a golden across the terrain.

All these colors liberally paint the behemoth scape of nature, which is currently snowy pure as far as you can eye. Resulting in a resplendent splashing of deep colours on a picturesque canvas that only nature can paint.

The 1st of Jan 2008. Time 7.53 am. Another spectacular journey was beginning. The sunrise which I had been waiting for the last many months was happening.

It was my own personal Sonrise.

Shailendra and Mugdha Kulkarni are pleased beyond words, to announce their own Sonrise, the birth of their Son, " Shubham Shailendra Kulkarni ", on the morning of the 1st of January 2008, at Rochester, MN.

His crimson cheeks captured my attention first. And then he cried out to announce his arrvial to the world, his face flushing a deeper crimson, much as the sun when he is just out to begin his rise.

My son changed the canvas of my life forever, splashing it with radiant colors which I never knew existed. By Grace of God, I hope he ascends the open sky of his life with golden glory. Liberally Spreading sunshine, joy and happiness all around.

Mr.C.V.Kulkarni and Mrs.A.C.Kulkarni proudly proclaim the birth of their grandson Shubham Kulkarni. This article would be incomplete without mentioning their unconditional support to Me and Mugdha during the last few months.

I also take this event, to fondly and intensely, remember my Aaji, who would have been the person most overflowing with joy, amongst all people I know, at this moment to see the new 'Kulkarnyancha Diva', or the new ascendent to the Kulkarni clan.

To add to the brimming joy, Shubham was Rochester's New Year Baby, and was on television too.

I cannot thank God enough for his good grace.

May God's Grace continue to shower on my son Shubham.

Comments

Rush said…
Shailendra.. u write so well, i felt like i personally took that drive on 90 E with u... & the emotions embedded in your description of Shubham's arrival made me all mushy..!! wish u, mugdha & shubham the best in life always!
Anonymous said…
Hi, great news! Gratulation for your son and best wishes to your family. Do you also have pics on a webpage?
Helge
ishmi said…
hey..came by in a long time! beautiful writing as usual! :)

My best to little Shubham and the proud parents! :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Olivera Crossing

Bye Bye California...